Wednesday, February 13, 2008

finally a blog for me!!

yeah!!! FINALLY i have created a blog and typed in my first entry.

for mr david, i have decided to finally start on my blog. i had wanted to start during the december holiday but i was too busy with IHG and hence delayed it till now. but i would like to thank him too cos if not for him, I would not be so efficient in setting up a blog. THANKS DAVID.. hahhah

First event to be entered: MEGAFEST 2008 @ Can 9

Yesterday was Hall 9's Megafest, an annual event to celebrate Hall 9's birthday.
Having no subcom, I was in charged of the drinks stall together with Hong Wei, Wei Wei and Carmen. I would say that business was really good! It seems like those who do not have anywhere to spend their coupons, they would end up buying lots of can drinks from us. I did not have the time to try the food and play much of the games. Despite that, I had my greatest gift for the day -- TEH PENG!! Teh Peng was a gift from roomie which was won by her during Megafest. She won 50tokens in exchange for that at the 'pick up the bottle' stall. Roomie and Yan Lin are the experts at the game. They had no problem in making the bottle stand with a string! I tried several times but failed in every attempt. I gave up eventually and went for Fatal Frame with Andrew after that. It was a shame that the set up was not finished when we entered and most importantly, we forgot to scream. hahah.. Block 47 is the big winner for Megafest! We took up the most proportion of the lucky draw prizes(or I would say it's Yan Lin who contributed to half the no of prizes).

We had 2 new members to blk 47.. We had our orientation for Teh Peng and Tiggy after Megafest. Me and Michelle brought Teh Peng to visit YY and HQ. Their room was the place where Teh Peng was named. It was quite a farnie situation where we came up with this name. We were looking at the food on HQ's shelf and Michelle suddenly thought of Teh Peng due to it's colour. Jenny could hear us from afar and for once thought that we were going to have supper. Greedy Jenny. hahaha.

We had fun taking photos. Photo exhibition time~

New Members to blk 47: Teh Peng and Tiggy


roomie, teh peng and me!




Teh Peng with neighbours!!




Lanterns that we took after Megafest




yup so that's my first entry. time to continue to do my tax tutorial for tomorro's lesson. tax is so confusing and it seems to pile up. but it's interesting i would say. hahhah.